Dr. Gail Dines & the Culture Reframed Team
- Presented a keynote address on the health impacts of pornography at The World Summit: End Sexual Exploitation 2025, at The Carter Center. Atlanta, Georgia.
- Gave two presentations at the UN Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) in March 2016 on (1) the ways pornography undermines the healthy development of children and adolescents, and (2) the link between pornography and sex trafficking.
- Invited contributor to the Washington Post op-ed page to discuss pornography as a public health issue. Generated nearly 2,000 comments and was the most read op-ed for two days. https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/04/08/is-porn-immoral-that-dosnt-matter-its-a-public-health-crisis/
- Appeared as a frequent guest on radio and television, including NPR, CNN, BBC, Canadian Broadcasting Company, and Australian Broadcasting Company.
- Ran a full-day symposium at the Centers for Disease Control, with CR consultants, Dr. Atkinson and Dr. Cooper, on the ways pornography is linked to sexual violence, trafficking, risky adolescent sexual behavior, and child abuse. Atlanta, Georgia.
- Presented at the plenary session of the annual conference of the American Academy of Pediatrics on Pornography and the Harms to Children. San Francisco, California.
- Keynoted the annual conference of the International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals. Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Presented 5 Grand Rounds at hospitals and medical conferences around the country to doctors, nurses, social workers, and medical policy makers.
- Helped to organize and gave keynote at the Conference on Pornography and Harms to Children, sponsored by the Polish Government.
- Consulted for the Canadian, British, Swedish, Icelandic, Norwegian, and Polish Governments on how to develop a public health approach to pornography.
- Gave keynote and breakout sessions at Norwegian NGO Conference on Porn as a Public Health Issue. Oslo, Norway.
- Served as an expert panelist on AOL Build to discuss the film “Hot Girls Wanted,” which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival and was released on Netflix earlier this year.
- Invited contributor to the Congressional Quarterly (October, 2016) to write opinion piece on Pornography as a Public Health Issue. http://library.cqpress.com/cqresearcher/document.php?id=cqresrre2016102100&type=hitlist&num=0